Monday, February 12, 2018

One Game Mechanic Jam 3

This weekend I took part in a little game jam held on Itch.IO by Game Dev's Quest. I kept the game super small this time with the focus only on interactive buttons and dials on pre set machines. Here's my submission.



LemurUI really helped a lot this time around. It's strong integration with jMonkey engine allows the ui to be implemented in any way you can imagine within jMonkey's scene graph. This means all those 3d buttons, the lever and dials are all gui element "MouseEventControls" and mouse event listeners. The ability to put this control on any spatial in the scene graph is awesome and something I will definitely make use of in the future!


I also used ZayEs entity/component system again. This is simply my favorite addition to jMonkey and really makes storing data with game objects a breeze. Each station added or changed components based on user input. The bottle spatials were also handled by the components using the component filter system which is something I haven't tried before. It's probably not the cleanest way to do things but it really allowed for rapid prototyping and I always new exactly what code was responsible for different things.



I had fun in this jam and look forward to the next one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment