Tuesday, March 21, 2017

No longer a game a week :(

Hey everyone, sorry as the title suggests I'm not doing a game a week anymore. For those curious I decided I wasn't going to continue at that pace last Friday as I was working on The Getaway. The primary reason is simple, I need to get a real job and these games are growing in scope.

I will now be posting every other week.

On one half I will be getting at least a part time job soon so I will have maybe half as much time to work on these games. Making games has honestly been the most fun I've ever had revolving around video games. Getting a new job will certainly not stop me from doing this, but I do need a source of income as my savings are starting to dwindle.

On the other half the scope of my games has grown every week. This may be do to my own lack of planning but it was difficult to jump straight from one project to the next with no break in between. I also put my previous projects on hold for the previous 5 weeks and it wasn't until last week when I gave myself a break that I had time to look back at any of those, and I made a ton of progress!

I will apologize that I won't be releasing every week. I am hopeful that releasing every other week will see a solid foundation for the quality I expect in my finished pieces, while also giving me the chance to work on my long term projects and support myself and my growing family.

Thanks for reading and I will see you on the 27th with a game featuring Bombs!

No comments:

Post a Comment