Monday, March 6, 2017

Bork Pawtrol

This week I was challenged to make a game themed about internet memes by my wife... I'm not entirely proud of this one, though looking back at it I realize it has far more assets and stuff going on than any of my previous games. This week I bring you, BorkPawtrol...

So what is BorkPawtrol? well for those who don't know Bork is the sound a Doge makes... apparently... and Pawtrol was a fun play on words apparently... Originally I was asked to clone MoonPatrol, which I wasn't opposed to but I thought I had enough space-themed last month so I wanted to try something fresh. I went with an infinite runner where you control Doge, bork other internet memes and try not to fall in holes by turning into a corndog...

Controls are simple: Right arrow fire a bork. Borks will kill any meme they hit. Holding Up arrow will transform you into a corn-dog. Corn-dogs can fly, but corn-dogs cannot bork. Corn dogs will fly over pits, but will run into Shoop Da Woops. Press M to toggle music off.

What troubles did I run into this week? Mostly animation, and not game engine related. Blender wanted to fight me every chance it could. Mostly with the ogre-xml exporter which I had never tried before. I'm fairly sure I understand it's issues now and will be able to avoid these headaches in the future.

Tools used: jMonkey, Zay-es, Lemur GUI, Blender, Krita

Download URL
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz4nByoX2Ks7OEQtRGhpSDJhSXc

No comments:

Post a Comment